Edinburgh International Investments Co., Ltd (EII) is a Scotland based company founded by the University of Edinburgh and a Hong Kong listed hospital management partner, Goodfellow. The University of Edinburgh, as a shareholder of EII, has the right to decide on a number of important issues for the company, ensuring its direct management and supervision of the company.
EII has subsidiaries and offices in Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Fujian and Hainan. As the exclusive operator of the University’s diabetes projects in Greater China, EII has been actively introducing the University’s world-leading life sciences technology, management experience and service model to China. Currently, EII has established two diabetes centres and a 2A general hospital in Shenzhen and Fujian. The Boao International Diabetes Centre Affiliated with the University of Edinburgh is in the preparatory stage.
The EII headquarters is located at the Innovation Centre for Healthcare and Biomedical Informatics in Edinburgh BioQuarter. As a leading health and science hub in Europe, Edinburgh BioQuarter is home to many growing and mature life sciences companies, as well as the prestigious Royal Edinburgh Hospital, neighbouring the world-renowned University of Edinburgh School of Medicine and many other award-winning health and biomedical informatics research institutions.
The University of Edinburgh has appointed Dr Tao David Jiang as the Chairman, Professor Jonathan Seckl, the Vice Principal for Planning, Resources and Research Policy at the University of Edinburgh, as the Vice Chairman, Mr Phil McNaull, the former Director of Finance at the University of Edinburgh, Mr Gang ZHENG, and Professor Chenli LIU, the Director of CAS Key Laboratory for Quantitative Engineering Biology, the Head of the Department of Synthetic Biology at the Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology, and the Chief Scientist of the National Key Research and Development Program enjoying the special allowance of the State Council, as directors of EII.
Our mission is to support the development of China’s healthcare sector through our unique international offering of medical and healthcare products and services.
Resourced by one of the world’s leading universities and a seasoned hospital management company, our principle business activities are:
- Healthcare consulting, including planning of healthcare industry parks and analysis of cutting-edge healthcare trends;
- Healthcare service delivery solutions, including hospital management, operations, marketing and hospital equipment procurement;
- Healthcare data services, including expertise in analysis and technology structures;
- Medical education and training for hospital personnel at all levels; and
- Medical research, including capacity building and governance.
We are proud to bring to China:
- Scotland’s experience and technology, notably the care and management model of diabetes and chronic disease management
- Academic and operational management expertise for cooperation with hospitals, universities and government agencies
- Unique and competitive services to healthcare industry